Metro Lasalle ratifies increases to wages and sick days
April 26, 2022
The members in Sudbury at Metro Lasalle ratified four-year agreement on April 19, 2022.
Wage improvements are as follows: Full-time wages will increase $2.00 over 4 years and Part-time will increase up to minimum wage plus $1.90. There will be lump sum payments of $850 to those at Full-time end rate and for Part-time end rate a $400 lump sum payment.
Other language improvements include:
- Vision care increased to $250,
- Orthotics increased to $400,
- Sick time increased to 48 hours for Full and 16 hours for Part-time by year two of the agreement, with payouts for unused time,
- Better language ensuring dignity and respect in the workplace,
- Integration of 4 x 10 hour shifts for Full-time,
- Reclassification of Part-time workers who are working Full-time hours.
Union negotiating committee: Joey Cristo, Dan Jodouin and Jordan Reid. Union Rep: Richard Eberhardt.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.