Mental Health & Support Links
Community and solidarity are the building blocks of a strong Union.
These links are intended as resources and the list is not exhaustive. If you do not see a resource for your city/region, please reach out to the closest one to you as many of them have additional regional resources listed as well. If you have suggestions for additions/changes to this list, please contact us at email@example.com.
We put lots of resources on social media and focus on sharing from people and organizations that are working to create positive change and advance human rights.
MEMBERS' ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The UFCW Locals 175 & 633 Members’ Assistance Program (MAP) is available to help members through difficult times.
The program connects you to the appropriate professional assistance as close to your community, and as soon, as possible.
Contact Sharon at Labour Community Services directly at
416-977-6888 or 1-877-801-7762.
(French & English language services available)
UFCW Locals 175 & 633 members have access to this confidential service providing counselling referrals to professional services for:
- Substance Abuse
- Spousal Abuse
- Stress & Anxiety
- Marital Counselling
- Financial Problems
- Legal Issues
- Child Care
- Affordable Housing
- Other Concerns
Mental Health Support
Shelters, Housing, and Food Support
Indigenous Peoples Resources
- National Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line:
Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres
2SLGBTQIA+ Resources and Support
- YouthLine: 1-800-268-9688
- PFLAG Canada
- Rainbow Health Ontario
- TransLifeline: 1-877-330-6366
- Trans Wellness Ontario
- Ajax, Pickering – Carea Community Health Centre 905-428-1212
- Burlington, Oakville – Positive Space Network
- Burlington, Oakville – The Rock (Youth) 24 Hour Crisis Line: 905-878-9785
- Kenora – Space Kenora Youthline
- Kingston – Kingston Pride Resources
- Kitchener/Waterloo – OK2BME 519-884-0000
- Hamilton – The Hamilton Family Health Team – LGBTQ Youth Line 1-800-268-9688
- London – Middlesex-London Health Unit Resources
- Muskoka – Muskoka Pride Resources
- North Bay, Parry Sound – North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
- Ottawa – Centretown Community Health Centre
- Sudbury – Sudbury Pride Resources
- Thunder Bay – Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Toronto – Sherbourne Health Centre (Employs UFCW Local 175 members)
- Toronto – The 519 Church Street Community Centre
- Trenton – Trent Queer Collective
- Windsor – Windsor Pride Community Education & Resource