Members at PBAS ratify wage increases and language improvements with new collective agreement
July 24, 2023
The members in Toronto, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Alberta and Quebec at PBAS (Prudent Benefits Administration Services) ratified a three-year agreement on June 27, 2023. Members will receive wage increases in Year 1 of 6.08% and in Year 3 – 2%.
Benefit improvements include an increase to the vision care allowance to $500 and massage therapy will be included in paramedical coverage of 90% up to $500.
Other language improvements include:
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be added to the list of holidays.
- Timelines to reach 4th and 5th week of vacation entitlement reduced by 3 years.
- Step parents, step child and step siblings added to bereavement leave language.
- Language to introduce work from home (hybrid) schedule.
- Summer schedule improvements.
Union negotiating committee: Sarah Benevides and Sherry Lotaquon. Regional Director: Jehan Ahamed and Union representative: Mike Windley.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.