Western Waffles ratifies

Back to Blog

February 5, 2024

Western Waffles ratifies – members in Brantford ratify significant wage increases

The members employed by Western Waffles in Brantford ratified a new three-year deal on January 14, 2024.

Members will see wage increases retroactive to July 1 2023 of 8% and at date of ratification of another 2% for a total of 10% at ratification. Further increases will be received on July 1, 2024 – 2% and July 1, 2025 -3%. The shift premiums will increase for afternoon shift from 50 cents to 75 cents and the night shift from $1.00 to $1.35.

The employer will now pay 90% of dental benefit costs up from the previous 80% and all references to age limits will be deleted in benefit coverage. The vision care allowance will increase from $250 to $300.

Other language improvements include:

  • Addition of a floater day for long service employees after 20 years of service.
  • Improved language on 12-hour shift transitions.
  • Two weeks of vacation are no longer mandated for shut down, now only one week will be required, an important achievement for these members.

Union negotiating committee: Jordan Barber, Shelly Bartlett, Shorty Grosvold, and Chuck Marr. Union representative: Melody Slattery.

Western waffles ratifies

Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.

Did you know? You can find us on FacebookInstagram, and YouTube?

Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.

Have you moved? Update your address with us.