Kirkland Lake Foodland members ratify wage and language improvements
April 24, 2023
On February 23, 2023 the members in Kirkland Lake at Foodland ratified a three-year deal. The new collective agreement will include the introduction of a minimum wage plus scale for all classifications. Wage increases for full-time will be:
- Clerk, Cashier – Year 2022 – $.80 (retroactive)
- Meat Cutter – Year 2022 – $1.50 (retroactive)
- Department Heads – Year 2022 – $.30 (retroactive)
Each of these classifications above will then receive $.10/hour in each year thereafter.
Wage increases for part-time are: Clerk, Cashier – Year 2022 – $.80 (retroactive) then, $.10/hour each year thereafter.
Other improvements include:
- Members will now have access to a Pay Direct drug card.
- Bereavement leave for a parent or sibling increased to 5 days up from 3.
- Eligibility for 4 weeks of vacation is now 11 years down from 12 years.
- Footwear allowance increases to $125.00 full-time and $75.00 part-time, up from $100.00 and $50.00.
- Negotiating Committee will now be paid $125.00 per day per member.
- Increase to Training and Education Fund to $200.00 annually up from $$150.00.
- Gender neutrality to be reflected throughout entire CBA.
Union negotiating committee: Lynne Dell and Carrie Quibell. Union representative: John Beaton.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.