Post Foods members ratify significant wage increases and benefit improvements
November 8, 2023
Post Foods Canada in Cobourg ratified a four-year agreement on November 4, 2023 with wage increases for all members in Year 1 (retroactive to August 1, 2023) of 6% (10% for skill trades); Year 2 – 3%; Year 3 – 3%; and Year 4 – 4%. Any current Class 2 employees who are on the five year pay grid will move to $26.50/hour on the date of ratification. Shift premiums will increase to $0.75/hour for afternoons shift and $0.90/hour for nights.
Benefit improvements include:
- Increase in the Short-Term Disability maximum from $500 to $650 per week and LTD benefit eligibility changes. The changes to both of these benefits were sought after by the membership and a significant achievement.
- Increase dental coverage from $1600 to $2000.
- CPAP coverage increases to two per lifetime.
- Increase vision coverage from $300 to $400.
- Prescription safety glasses to be provided through the plant via a supplier of the company’s choice once every two years with options to be provided by the employer.
Other improvements include an increase to the boot allowance from $155 to $200, an increase to the tool allowance from $350 to $400 and severance package eligibility improvements.
Union negotiating committee: Ken Barlow, Scott Crosty, Clinton Holmes and Eric Lins. Union representative: Sean Carroll.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.