Parkway Parking workers have new contract in place
November 3, 2010
On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the bargaining unit members at Parkway Parking of Canada in Toronto, had the opportunity to vote on a new three-year negotiated settlement. Workers ratified the contract, which includes the following improvements:
- Wage increases totalling 10 per cent over the three-year term.
- Civic Holiday is now included as a paid holiday.
- Vacation entitlement improves to three weeks paid vacation for those with five years’ continuous service with the company, and to four weeks for those with 12 years’ service.
- Employer contributions to the workers’ benefit plan increase over the duration of the contract.
- Improved language eliminates management doing bargaining unit work.
- Other language improvements address job postings, hours of work and bereavement leave.
Union Negotiating Committee: Dawit Amleson, Seifu Asnake and Union Rep John DiFalco.