Ottawa members at McDonough’ s YIG ratify a new agreement
March 22, 2022
Members at McDonough’s YIG in Ottawa ratified a new five-year deal on February 7, 2022. Wage increases will amount to $1.80 for full-time and $1.55 for part-time at end rate over the term of the agreement. Special duty premium will increase to $0.75/hour for employees listed in revised Letter of Understanding.
Language improvements include:
- Increase to safety boot allowance $115.00 annually for full-time, bi-annually for part-time.
- Full-time employees with more than 17 years of service will be entitled to a fifth week of vacation.
- Full-time may request to have one week of vacation entitlement commence mid-week for travel purposes
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will replace the Floater Day and be added to the paid Statutory Holidays for full-time
- Increase for reimbursement for medical notes to $25.00
- New language clarifying rest periods for part-time
There will be a new Letter of Understanding RE: Provincial Minimum Wage. Part-time: In the event the Ontario Provincial Government increases minimum wage in excess of the negotiated wage increase, the employer agrees to add the differential to those employees who are at top rate or over scale on the date the government makes the increase effective.
Union negotiating committee: Franca Johnson and Ariana Mortimer. Union Reps: Shannon Epp and Kim Hunter
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.