New Pinty’s agreement includes strong provisions regarding use of temp workers
September 18, 2017
The 122 full-time employees at Pinty’s Delicious Foods in Port Colborne secured a four-year contract at a vote held September 10, 2017.
The negotiating committee achieved important language in this contract governing the use of temp workers. As a result, full-time employees may now displace temp employees to maximize hours. Temp workers must now pay dues as well. Also, the contract includes language regarding leaves of absence as a result of domestic violence.
- Wage rates increase by a total of $1.50 per hour over the term of the agreement.
- Workers classified in Evisceration receive a new shift premium of 40 cents per hour.
- Those classified as Tumbling receive a new clothing allowance of 40 cents per hour.
- Maintenance employees receive a total increase of $3.75 per hour.
- The Lead Hand premium improves to $1 per hour, up from 50 cents.
- Coverage for massage therapy increases to $425, up from $400, and physiotherapy increases to $375, up from $350.
- Members also benefit from improved vision care coverage of $200 per 24-month period, up from $140.
- Bereavement entitlement for the loss of an immediate family members increases to five days, up from three.
Union Negotiating Committee: Karen Barrick, Al Cloutier, Debbie Fisher, Union Rep Ashleigh Garner, and Region 6 Director Rob Nicholas.