Municipality workers in East Ferris ratify significant wage increases and COLA adjustment
July 21, 2023
Local 175 members at the Corporation of the Municipality of East Ferris ratified a three-year agreement on May 5, 2023. We were able to achieve significant wage increase for the members of 21% over 3.5 years starting with a 12% increase for all classifications at date of ratification.
These contract negotiations commenced six months early by mutual consent and members will receive 3% at the expiry and 3% at the next two anniversaries. Increases are also subject to a new Cost of Living Adjustment which could result in further gains of up to 2% per year based on inflation.
Other improvements include:
- Vacation entitlement increases to 5.5 weeks after 15 years and 6 weeks after 20 years.
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be added to the list of holidays.
- Seven days of paid bereavement for close family.
- Premium pay for some classifications when obtaining special certification.
- On call pay for Public Works team.
- Paid lunch for Parks and Recreation when workers unable to leave the facility.
Union negotiating committee: Dominic Coote and Darren Palmer. Union representative: Richard Eberhardt.
Are you ready to find out more and want to talk to one of our Organizers? Send them an email at email@example.com or give them a call at 1-800-565-8329. All your conversations with our Organizers are confidential.