Mississauga Transit workers ratify and eliminate two tier wages
November 21, 2023
The Corporation of the City of Mississauga workers at Mississauga Transit ratified a four-year agreement on October 26, 2023. Members will receive an increase of about 8% over the term of the collective agreement for all classifications. Wage increases are retroactive to April 1, 2023.
Classification A will merge into Classification B with an additional yearly increase of 8%. Classification B will receive an additional $1000.00. This is a significant achievement for the members.
Language improvements include:
- The addition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation added to the list of Stat holidays.
- Full time workers will have a Monday to Friday work schedule.
- Part time hours will be a minimum of 20 and up to 28 hours.
- Schedules are for 3 months.
- Roamers who have a 5:00 am start will have buddy system.
Union negotiating committee: Dana Pollard and Carolyn Walsh. Union representative: Meemee Seto
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Make sure your address is up to date with the Union! Fill out a change of address form here.