Members working at Aramark – Sherbourne Health Centre ratify new contract unanimously
October 5, 2023
Aramark Canada Ltd. Sherbourne Health Centre in Toronto unanimously ratified their new collective agreement on September 27, 2023 with a three-year term after a difficult set of negotiations.
Wages increase for top rate: General Help, General Help Maintenance & Cook: September 2, 2022 – $.50, September 2, 2023 – $.85 and September 2, 2024 – $.75.
Language improvements include:
- Increase in bereavement leave from 4 to 5 days.
- Increase in the shoe allowance $25 every year to $125 or $50 every two years to $250.
- Effective January 1, 2024:
- Full time employees add two sick days for a total of eight.
- Part-time employees add one sick day for a total of two.
- Members with 20 years or more of employment will receive 5 weeks of vacation at 10%.
- NEW: Each new employee shall receive 15 minutes upon hiring to be introduced to the Union Steward and be provided a copy of the collective agreement.
- Effective September 2, 2024: add one Float Day for full-time employees who have passed their probationary period.
- NEW: The Employer shall pay 50% of the cost of the printing of the Collective Agreements.
Union negotiating committee: Sheldon Coulthurst. Regional Director: Lee Johnson-Koehn, Union Representatives: Jon O’Connor and Amy Tran.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Read more about other recent organizing victories for working people across the province!