Members at Westfort Foods make substantial gains
October 18, 2022
On October 11, 2022, members at Westfort Foods Inc. ratified a new four-year collective agreement.
Wage improvements were an important part of this round of bargaining for the Members. The 52 part-time and eight full-time employees have secured increases totalling between $2 and $2.34 per hour over the four-year agreement. In addition, language ensuring rates stay ahead of minimum wage has also been added.
Other monetary improvements include:
- An increase to the Health Spending account of $600, up from $400;
- Increased employer RRSP contributions by $120 per year;
- An Optical coverage increase to $450, up from $350;
- Additional premiums for supervisors of $1 per hour, and;
- Enhanced sick pay accrual of 20 cents per hour, up from 10 cents per hour.
Negotiations also focused on regulated holidays, adding Remembrance Day and Truth & Reconciliation Day to its list of paid holidays. The agreement will also now reflect gender neutral language throughout.
Union Negotiating Committee: Vivian Dunning, Bill Homonko. Union Representative/Director: Tracy Stubbs.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.