Members at Hallmark Housekeeping in Toronto ratify wage increases and language improvements
August 15, 2022
Hallmark Housekeeping Services Inc. – Front St. in Toronto, ratified a three-year collective agreement on August 9, 2022. Wages will increase as follows: Date of Ratification – $0.70, Year 1- January 1, 2023- 0.70, July 1, 2023 – $0.30, Year 2 – April 1, 2024 – $0.50, October 1, 2024 – $0.30, Year 3 – April 1, 2025 – $0.50 and on October 1, 2025 – $0.30. These increases are across the board for all classifications. In addition, new language will be added to maintain a wage gap between the rates and minimum wage.
Other language improvements include:
- Pandemic language.
- Gender neutrality will be reflected throughout the agreement.
- Reimbursement of doctor notes of 50% with receipt.
- Vacation money will be paid out in June and December each year, instead of only once per year.
- Members will gain one float day at date of ratification, one float day January 1, 2024 and one float day January 1, 2025. This will bring them to a total of six float days by 2025. Members will be able to use their float days as sick days. We are happy to be able to achieve this sought-after improvement of the Members as this practice was previously not allowed.
- NEW Letter of Understanding Re: Recall Rights.
Union negotiating committee: Almaz Woldemicael. Union representative: Sabrina Qadir
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.