Labour dispute ends at Highbury Canco in Leamington with new agreement ratified
March 13, 2023
The 430 members at Highbury Canco in Leamington have ceased strike action following the ratification of a three-year agreement.
Members will receive significant wage increases in Year 1 – of $2.00 across all classifications and $2.70 over the term of the agreement. Maintenance will receive a $2.50 increase in Year 1 and $3.20 over the term. A $450 ratification bonus will be paid in lieu of retroactive pay. There will be new shift premiums $0.40 per hour for afternoon shift and $0.75 for midnight shift.
The employer contribution to RRSPs will increase by .25%. Long term disability payments to increase from $812 to $1200 per month.
Other improvements include:
- Wage protection if moved to a job at a lower-classification.
- New – 4 weeks’ vacation after 12 years.
- Breaks and lunches increased by 5 minutes.
- Boot allowance increases to $150 per year.
- Pandemic language: additional $2.00 per hour if facility is declared to be under outbreak.
- Increased contribution to the Training and Education Fund from $1500 to $3000 per year.
Union negotiating committee: Dan Bruner, Melissa Camara Mark Dolphin, Phil Girardin and Scott Jackson. Union Representative: Fred Teeple, Regional Director: Sam Caetano, Executive Assistant: Chris Fuller and President: Shawn Haggerty.