Horizon Plastics ratifies increased wages and significant language improvements
April 14, 2022
The members at Horizon Plastics in Cobourg ratified a new four-year agreement on April 5 & 6, 2022
Wage improvements include:
- Operators – $1.50 retro to Nov 2, 2021, Year 2 – 3%, Year 3- 3% and Year 4 – 3%. New grid for Operators increases start rate and faster progression to top rate for new employees.
- All other Classifications – $1.55 retro to Nov 2, 2021 + $0.45 effective date of ratification and Year 2 – 3%, Year 3- 3% and Year 4 – 3%.
- Maintenance – $3.00 retro to Nov 2, 2021 and Year 2 – 3%, Year 3- 3% and Year 4 – 3%.
- Shift premium increases by $0.20 per hour.
The employer contribution to RRSP increases by 0.75% to now be “up to 4.75%”.
Benefit improvements will see the $20 max Chiropractor limit/visit removed, prescription cap increased to $10 000 up from $7500 and Physio and Massage increased to $700 per calendar year. Dental increased to $2000 per year per covered person up from $1500.
Other language improvements include:
- Boot allowance increases to $250 per year (was $190).
- New high vision clothing allowance $100 per year.
- Added Step-Parents to paid bereavement and ability to save a day for delayed ceremony.
- Increased paid bereavement time for continental schedule.
- Continental schedule receives an additional 10 minutes of paid break time per shift.
- New Sunset clause and improved recall language.
- T&E contribution increases by $300 per year to $1500.
The grandfathering clause will be removed for the 6th week of vacation. Now all members with the required years of service will be entitled to 6 weeks of vacation. Over the term of the new CBA, approximately 53 members will receive a 6th week of vacation going
forward and many more in the years to follow.
Union negotiating committee: Tom Bell, Jamie Hickman, Don Kent and Dan Petruk. Regional Director Paul Hardwick and Union Rep Sean Carroll.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.