HOPE Sector members at Parkdale Queen West ratify wage increases and benefit improvements
November 8, 2023
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre in Toronto ratified a four-year agreement on November 2, 2023. After a difficult round of negotiations, we were able to negotiate wage increases of Year 1 – 2%, Year 2 – 2%, Year 3 – 2.5%, Year 4 – 3% and nearly two years of retroactive payments. These guaranteed wage increases are a major shift in the negotiation process for community health centres, and the majority of these workers have not had a wage increase since 2019.
Benefit improvements include:
- Vision care increase from $300 to $400.
- Increase mental health entitlement from $400 to $1000.
- Remove the $20.00 cap on paramedical psychologist to usual and customary charges.
- Increase healthcare spending account by $50.00 to $450.00 April 1, 2024 then increase by an additional $50.00 to $500.00 April 1, 2025.
- Increase massage from $400 to $500 April 1, 2024.
Additionally, the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be added to the list of stat holidays and there will also be an increase to meal allowances in each year of the deal. The workers professional development fund will increase from $850 per year to $1000.00 per year.
Union negotiating committee: Kirti Jamwal, Vivian Recollet, Jadie Schettino and Judy Tsao. Union Representatives: Casey Magee, Sabrina Qadir and Director Mike Mattioli.
Read more Negotiation Updates from the Local 175 HOPE Sector! What’s HOPE? It stands for Health, Office & Professional Employees.
In health care facilities, it is the front-line workers who shoulder the responsibility in caring for patients. Find out why Health Care workers benefit from belonging to our Union!
Have you moved? Update your address with us.