Hallmark Adelaide ratifies a new agreement with language achievements and wage increases
August 29, 2022
Hallmark Housekeeping Services Inc. Adelaide St in Toronto ratified a two-year agreement on August 18, 2022. Wage increase will be as follows across the board for all classifications:
- Date of Ratification – $0.70
- Year 1 – January 1, 2023 – $0.70 July 1, 2023 – $0.30,
- Year 2 – April 1, 2024 – $0.50 October 1, 2024 – $0.30
- Year 3 – April 1, 2025 – $0.50 October 1, 2025 – $0.30
Language improvements include:
- pandemic language
- gender neutrality will be reflected throughout
- doctor’s notes will be reimbursed 50% with receipt
- Members will receive one float day at date of ratification, one float day on January 1, 2024 and one float day on January 1, 2025. This will bring the total number of floats days to six by 2025.
- Members will be able to use their float days as sick days. We are happy to be able to achieve this sought-after improvement for the Members as this practice was previously not allowed.
- NEW – minimum wage gap language
- NEW – Letter of Understanding Re: Recall Rights
- Vacation money will be paid out in June and December every year, previously it paid out once a year.
Union negotiating committee: Ivana Almeida. Union Representative: Sabrina Qadir
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.