GDI Services in Mississauga ratifies new agreement
May 9, 2022
On April 27, 2022 the members at GDI Services (Sussex) in Mississauga ratified a new three-year agreement with wage increase as follows for all classifications across the board:
- Year 1 – Apr. 1, 2022 – $0.25 1, 2022 – $0.25
- Year 2 – Apr. 1, 2023 – $0.30 Oct 1, 2023 – $0.30
- Year 3 – Apr. 1, 2024 – $0.35 July 1, 2024 -$0.35
These members will receive retroactive payments from date of expiry and the lead hand supervisor role rate increase from $0.25 to $0.75. New minimum wage gap language will also be included in the agreement.
Members will now be moving into an RSP program facilitated by GDI and on April 1, 2023 the employer will match 1% to the employees’ contributions.
Other language improvements include
- An additional float day as of April 1, 2022, another additional float day April 1, 2023 and 1 more float day April 1, 2024 for a total of six.
- There will be pandemic language added.
- The agreement will reflect gender neutrality throughout.
- Doctor’s notes will be reimbursed 100% with a receipt.
- The safety shoe allowance increases to $100.00.
- Increase to bereavement leave of 1 more day for immediate family and 1 more day for extended family which will now include uncle, aunt and first cousin.
- New Letter of Understanding re: Time Limits and JLM Committee.
- Employer will pay 50% of printing the cost of the CBA and 50% of the cost for meeting rooms for negotiations and conciliation if necessary.
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be recognized in the list of holidays.
Union negotiating committee: Margaret DaSilva and Fernanda Fargoso. Union Rep: Sabrina Qadir.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.