First contract ratified for Vaughan Courtyard Marriot members
January 24, 2023
The new members at Courtyard Marriot in Vaughan ratified their first collective agreement with a three-year term on December 19, 2022. These members will see wage adjustments of nearly 9% for the majority of the membership in Year 1. In Year 2 – $.50 and in Year 3 – $.50.
The employer will maintain an RRSP for the workers and health and welfare benefits will be a fixed cost for the members for the life of the CBA.
Along with the protections of a Union and collective agreement these workers now have language for:
- One extra paid sick day
- A lower overtime threshold of 42 hours
- New nightshift premium
- Guarantee of eight hours for stat holidays for all employees
- New $50 safety shoe allowance
- Additional leave of absence language
- Reimbursement for doctors’ notes
- New carts for housekeepers
- No tips for management
- Additional vacation accrual and time for senior employees
- New job posting and scheduling language
Union negotiating committee: Union representative – Tony Nigro
Interested in reading about more negotiations in the hospitality sector at UFCW 175? Click here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.