- This event has passed.
Labour Day Contest
August 5 @ 8:00 am - August 31 @ 11:59 pm
Labour Day is going to look different this year but we still want to make some noise!
Contest window closed at 11:59 p.m. August 31, 2020.
In fact, we want to hear YOU make some noise.
If you are a member of UFCW Locals 175 or 633, send us a video (see the details below) – or if you’re more comfortable, a photo of yourself and a text file telling us why Labour Day and being part of a Union is important to you.
Plus there are prizes to win!
- JBL Harman portable speaker
- Fitbit inspire HR
- Loblaw gift cards = $75
- Loblaw gift cards = $100
- Metro gift cards = $75
- Metro gift cards = $100
Deadline for your submission was August 31, 2020.
- Your video or quote must include your name and where you work. First name only is okay in the video/file (and we’ll only use your first name in any quote we use) but we need to know your full name for membership verification and awarding prizes.
- Your video or quote must include at least one way that Labour Day and/or the Union is important to you as a working person and Union member.
- Try something like “Hey, my name is ________ and I work at _________. I think my Union is important to me as a worker because…. (and/or) I think Labour Day is important because….”
- For example:
- We can celebrate the achievements of working people and show that there is power in numbers.
- Standing strong in unity can achieve _______________?
- Working people can improve their working lives through collective action.
- Having a collective agreement is protection for you and guarantees your working conditions.
- Having a grievance and arbitration procedure to deal with problems that do arise in the workplace is an important way to stand up for your rights.
- A Union gives a voice to all workers.
- For example:
And, of course, don’t forget to tell everyone Happy Labour Day!
- VIDEO SUBMISSIONS – Videos should be in a common format such as MOV, AVI, WMV, or MP4.
- PHOTO & QUOTE SUBMISSIONS – Photos should be high resolution (i.e. submit the full/original resolution) if possible and in JPG or PNG format. Quotes to accompany your photo may be sent using Word, Notepad or other text-only app, or using your phone’s Notes app.
- All content contained in submissions must be suitable for all audiences. Any entries with swearing and/or that contain comments or imagery that is derogatory toward any group or individuals will not be eligible.
- Be positive.
- If we deem your submission unsuitable or inappropriate we will send it back to you with the reason so you have an opportunity to re-submit.
All eligible entries will be compiled into one video that will be uploaded to UFCW Locals 175 & 633 social media and website on Labour Day. Prize winners will be drawn at random from eligible entries at 10 a.m. on September 8, 2020. Winners will be notified on September 9, 2020, via their Union Rep.
Deadline was 11:59 p.m. August 31, 2020.
Make sure you fill out your full name and email address for membership verification and contacting winners. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
To be eligible to win you must:
- Be a member in good standing of UFCW Locals 175 or 633 (members laid off or on leave due to COVID-19 will be considered members in good standing)
- Correct answer to skill testing question required
- Contest unavailable to residents of Quebec