Elliot Lake Foodland members ratify new collective agreement
October 19, 2023
After a difficult set of negotiations where members turned down an employer final offer twice, Elliot Lake Foodland ratified a three-year agreement on May 11, 2023.
Wage increase include:
- Minimum wage plus grids for all members.
- Wage grids reduced to 60 months to reach end rates.
- End rates: Year 1 – MW+1.00, Year 2 – MW+ 1.20 and Year 3 – MW+ 1.30.
- New: head cashier to be paid 75 cents per hour between 4-8 pm.
- Any year with no MW increases, all employees will receive a $100 lump sum payment.
- There will also be a $300 lump sum payment for full-time and $150 lump sum for part-time in lieu of retro.
Other negotiated language includes the renewal of a letter that the employer cannot provide a lessor benefit plan for the duration of agreement and new work boot allowance for all Receivers of $125 per year. The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be added to the list of holidays, an achievement of value for these members.
Union negotiating committee: Christopher Gale and Christopher Mayhew. Union representative: Jeff Barry.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.