Drivers at First Student Sault Ste Marie ratify important coverage for annual MTO exams
June 10, 2022
The approximately 100 school bus drivers at First Student Sault Ste. Marie ratified a new collective agreement with a three-year term on June 1, 2022.
Wage increase are as follows: Year 1 – 5%, Year 2 – 4% and Year 3 – 4%.
Annual MTO Medical Examinations will be fully paid to a maximum of $440 annually and eye exams $120 annually which is double the amount previously paid. This was an important achievement for our members.
Language improvement include:
- Improved vacation entitlement after 10 years.
- Improved bereavement language.
- Increased pay for snow days and PD days. Members will now receive 75% of their daily rate for snow days where previously they only received 50%.
- Increase to per diems for out-of-town trips.
- Increase in charter rates.
- Increase for additional pre-trip inspections.
- 13% increase in home-to-school driving rates over 3 year term.
- Employer to pay 100% of negotiating committee wages.
Union negotiating Committee: Eric Bowser, Don Siegwart and Sheri Williams. Union Rep: Jim Hames.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.