CVOS members in Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Oakville ratify new collective agreement
October 31, 2023
Credit Valley Oral Surgery in Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Oakville ratified a four-year agreement on October 24, 2023 after a difficult round of negotiations.
Wages will increase as follows:
- Year 1 (effective date of expiry):
- 3.75% (excluding General Labourers, Certified Dental Assistant and Patient Care Coordinators).
- General labourers wage adjustment: $17 start rate to $19.70 top rate (increased from $14.54 to $17.27 top rate)
- Certified dental assistants 6.5%
- Patient care coordinators 5%
- Years 2, 3 & 4: 2.5% Across the board in each year.
- Red-circled employees to receive a 2% lump sum payment on each paycheque for the life of the contract.
Language improvements include:
- Bereavement – immediate family increase three to five days and for extended family increase one to three days. One bereavement day can be retained to attend memorial service within six months.
- Responsibility premium increases from $1.00 to $1.50 per hour.
- Uniform shirts supplied will now be five for full-time (up from three), and three for part-time (up from two).
- Vacation to be paid during the vacation period for both full-time and part-time (currently paid out every pay period).
- Vacation entitlement increase by an additional week for each grouping over one year service.
- Mileage increase from $0.50/km to $0.62/km.
Union negotiating committee: Victoria Billings, Sharon Boland and Lina Pizzolato. Union representative: Nabeela Irfan and HOPE Regional Director Mike Mattioli.
Read more Negotiation Updates from the Local 175 HOPE Sector! What’s HOPE? It stands for Health, Office & Professional Employees.
In health care facilities, it is the front-line workers who shoulder the responsibility in caring for patients. Find out why Health Care workers benefit from belonging to our Union!