Canna Cabana Innisfil ratifies
January 19, 2024
Canna Cabana Innisfil ratifies first collective agreement and gains language protections and wage increases
Canna Cabana Innisfil new members ratified their first collective agreement with a three-year term on December 27, 2023.
The new hire rate will jump from minimum wage to $17.15/hr and then to $17.60 after one year of service, they will then receive $0.40/hour increases in each of the remaining years of the CBA. Shift leads will jump from $19.00 to $19.50 (new hires) and will receive steady increases of $0.40/hour in each year of the agreement. There will be a one-time signing bonus of $400.00 for full-time and $200.00 for part-time sales associates.
Full time employees will have five sick days per calendar year after one year of service, three of the days shall be with pay.
These new members will also have language gains including:
- Vision care coverage for frames, lenses and eye exam to $250 every 24 months.
- Dental Care shall be maintained at $1000 per calendar year.
- The employer agrees to contribute 4 cents per hour worked effective the date of ratification to the Training & Education Fund for all hours paid to bargaining unit employees.
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Remembrance Day will be included in the list of paid holidays.
- Full-time employees with one year of service will receive one float day, and one additional float day on January 1, 2026.
- The employer will maintain five full-time positions.
- There will be two union stewards in the unit.
- The negotiating committee will consist of two bargaining members.
- The employer will share the cost of printing of the CBA up to $100.00.
These workers will now enjoy the benefits of belonging to a Union and the protection of a collective agreement including a grievance process and just cause protection.
Union negotiating committee: Brianna Latimer. Union representative: Arlene Robertson and Regional Director: Jehan Ahamed
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Make sure your address is up to date with the Union! Fill out a change of address form here.