Canadian Forces Support Group – Ottawa Gatineau ratify wage increases and language improvements
October 31, 2023
Members employed at CFSG-OG (Canadian Forces Support Group – Ottawa Gatineau formerly CFSU Ottawa) ratified a three-year agreement on October 19, 2023. These members will see increases from 3.00% to 5.25% in the first year depending on where they are on the wage grid and pay bands retroactive to March 31st. Increases in the second year of 2% and 2% in the third year. There will also be a new scale added in the event of future increases to minimum wage.
Language improvements include:
- Part-time vacation pay increased to 4.65%.
- Part-time workers now have sixteen hours of paid sick leave, twenty-five hours of paid family related leave and one day of paid personal leave per fiscal year. Unpaid personal leave will increase from six months to twelve.
- Increase to the safety boot allowance to $250 per fiscal year.
- Increase Toil to six hours for those employees who carry the duty phone.
- Increase to the annual tool allowance: $175 in 2023, $195 in 2024 and $215 in 2025.
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation will be added to the list of designated holidays.
- Access to a digital version of the collective agreement in either official language.
- Part-time will be credited with up to 50% to a maximum of one year of their seniority towards their full-time position.
- The following weeks’ schedule will now be posted on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays to allow for better work life balance.
- Job postings will include all language requirements and any changes to the language requirements in subsequent postings will be highlighted.
Union negotiating committee: Joey DeLorenzo, Ron Hyslop, Nazem Saleh. Union representative: Kim Hunter
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.