Oak Pharmacy members achieve wage increases and language improvements in new contract
The members employed in six locations of Metro Ontario Pharmacies Limited (Oak Pharmacy) across the province ratified a four-year agreement on May 7, 2023.
Members will see wage improvements for full-time workers of $1.00/hour at date of ratification, retroactive to expiry, and in then in September of each year of the contract thereafter $0.75/hr.
The part-time new wage grid hours are reduced from the previous 6501 to reach top rate of minimum wage + $0.70/hour to 4501 hours to reach top rate of minimum wage + $1.45 on ratification and then September 2023: minimum wage + $2.00, September 2024: minimum wage + $2.20, and September 2025: minimum wage + $2.25.
There is also a new part-time wage grid for Pharmacy Assistants of: 4501 hours top rate with minimum wage + $3.00 September 2023, minimum wage + $3.20 September 2024 and minimum wage + $3.25 September 2025.
Benefits will be available to both full and part-time members if they work beyond age 65, and vision allowance improves from $250 to $300.
Other language improvements include:
- Leave of absence for students attending post secondary education to ensure they will not lose seniority.
- Bereavement leave is applicable for part-time workers after the completion of their probation period, formerly 12 months was required for eligibility.
- New Letter of Agreement: part-time pharmacy clerks advancing to new wage classification of part-time Pharmacy Assistants will be moved by seniority.
- The National Day for Truth and Reconciliation is now recognized for both full and part-time.
- Part-time have achieved a sick leave plan for eligible employees of up to 24 hours of sick leave annually.
- Full-time have achieved one new Personal Emergency Leave Day in addition to their sick days and a long service leave day already in the contract.
Union negotiator: Director, John DiNardo.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.