Executive Aviation members secure benefits for part-time workers and guarantees in end rates
The members at Executive Aviation in Sudbury ratified a three-year agreement on February 13, 2023. The new agreement includes the introduction of minimum wage plus language for end rates of pay with increases for Ground handlers of $.60 at ratification retroactive to date of expiry and additional increases in 2023 – $.30 and 2024 – $.30. There will also now be a Lead Hand grid with rates of MW+ $1.70 at date of ratification, 2023 – MW+ $1.80 and in 2024 – MW+ $2.00.
Part time workers will now be eligible to enroll in the benefit plan on a 50/50 cost share basis.
Other language improvements include:
- Increase footwear allowance to $100 per year up from $75
- Increase to the Training and Education Fund to $140 annually, up from $125.
- Steward time off language added – two times per year unpaid.
- Language added re: Seniority, where dates are the same, hours worked will be determining factor for senior person.
- New – The employer will pay 50% for meeting rooms for negotiations.
Union negotiating committee: Julien Boulard. Union Representative: John Beaton
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Did you know? You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter?
Plus, you can also sign up to receive monthly e-newsletters from Your Union.