Members at Veterinary Emergency Clinic in Toronto ratify new agreement
September 14, 2022 at 11:36am
VEC members in Toronto ratified a three-year agreement on August 26, 2022. Wages increase as follows:
- VET techs Full and Part-time
- 5 years plus – $1.00
- 6 years plus – $0.50
- 15 years plus additional premium of $1.00
- 20 years plus – $1.00 and 1.5%.
- Full time premium 5 years $1 and 10 years $1.00
- Animal Care Attendants (ACA)- $0.50 increase each year for all and
- 7 years plus additional 1.5% each Sept 1st, retroactive to July 1, 2022
These new rates will equalize the membership with the industry for wages.
Benefit improvements: members with 5 years plus seniority will have benefits costs covered by Employer at 75% up from 50/50 co-pay.
Other language improvements:
- Members can apply for 1-week unpaid vacation.
- Increase 6 to 8 shifts of give away.
- The employer will endeavor to bill within a reasonable time for pet purchase program.
- Registered Pet – 1 day Bereavement each year, 8-hour shift paid
Union negotiating committee: Yvonne Fordham, Jerzy Kotlowski and Jane Waring. Union Representative: Meemee Seto
Want to find out more about joining UFCW Local 175? See some of the benefits of voting Union Yes!
Plus, check out our Facebook and Instagram pages. We feature our Members and Stewards at work and in the community, and much more!