Childcare workers at the YMCA in Simcoe Muskoka ratify wage and language improvements
YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka members voted unanimously in favour of a new three-year agreement on August 17, 2022.
There will be a special wage adjustment of 75 cents per hour and a 2% increase both retroactive to the date of expiry and applicable to current and former employees. Members will receive a 2% increase in year two, and another 2% in year three, plus 53 cents per kilometre for food and supply pick up and delivery when required by the employer.
Language improvements for the Members at YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka include:
- $0.53 per km for food and supply pick up and delivery when required by the employer.
- Bereavement leave will include one day with pay for loss of uncle, aunt, niece and nephew.
- Sick leave – previously an accrual system will now allow employees with one year or more service to bank sick time as follows: Full-time 12 sick days and Part-time 4 sick days. Employees with less thank one year of service will have a pro-rated sick days.
- Sick days to be credited in January.
- Members will have the ability to split up all vacation days into single days.
- There will be a reduction in years of service required for an increase to vacation entitlement.
- Vacation black out periods are now reduced.
Union negotiating Committee: Ashley Austin and Sharisse Hartwick. Union representative: Derek Jokhu.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.