Below you'll find links for COVID-19 information and where to go for support during this time.
If you contract COVID-19, be sure to let your Union Rep know so they can assist you and answer questions about your job, income, seniority, pension and/or health plan participation, and any government assistance you may qualify for.
Your Union is here for you, please contact us if you have questions and concerns.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, check the self-assesment tool here.
- NOTE: There have been changes to who is eligible for PCR testing in Ontario, please use the self-assessment tool and/or check with your local Public Health Unit.
- Here are the latest Public Health Measures in place in Ontario and the current vaccine information for the province as well.
- If you contract COVID-19 through work and receive a positive diagnosis, fill out a WSIB Form 6 to file a workplace illness/injury claim.
- If you have a known exposure to COVID-19 at work but have no symptoms, you can fill out a WSIB Exposure Form. You don't need to test positive for COVID-19 to fill out this form.
- Questions about these forms? The Local Union's Workers' Compensation Department can help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you contracted COVID-19 through work? Or did you come into contact with someone who has it while at work? Find out more info on Workers' Compensation that may be available to you through the WSIB.
If you can’t work because you’re sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, there’s the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit.
If you can’t work because you’re taking care of a loved one, there’s the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit.