Mondelez Workers Ratify 3 Year Deal
Members of UFCW Local 175 working at Mondelez ratified a new collective agreement at a meeting held on February 8, 2015. The 3 year deal includes wage increases of 2% per year retroactive to December 6, 2014. Skilled Trades rates will be adjusted to $0.50 per hour effective date of ratification in addition to negotiated increases. New language will provide for overtime pay to continental shift employees on their scheduled days off. Continuous Operating Premium increases to $1.10 for Saturdays and $2.15 for Sundays.
Health and Welfare benefit changes include:
- Dental increases from $1,700.00 to $1,850.00 in year 2 and $2,000.00 in year 3
- Extended Health and Welfare increases from $11,000.00 per 3 consecutive years to $15,000.00 per 3 consecutive years
- Life Insurance and AD/D increase from $45,000.00 to $50,000.00
- Safety shoes increase from $100.00 to $125.00 or paid at 100% cost if sanctioned by safety committee
- Vision plan increases from $275.00 to $300.00
- New coverage for prescription Safety Glasses 100% Company paid
- Orthodontics increase from $3,500.00 to $5,000.00
In addition the employer will make a contribution of $2,500.00 to the UFCW Locals 175 & 633 Training and Education Fund each year of the collective agreement for the duration.
Union Negotiating Committee: Reggie Fukasaka, Louis Rocha, Allan Fallow, Dave Stewart, Richard Campayne and Union Representative John DiNardo.