Compass Group workers at Morrison Healthcare ratify
April 20, 2011 at 2:42pm
The nine workers at Compass Group – Extendicare (Morrison Healthcare) in Lindsay have a new contract that will see them through the next three years. Ratified on April 7, 2011, the agreement includes monetary improvements as well as strengthened language to better protect the workers. Highlights include:
- Wages increase by a total of 6 per cent over the course of the contract term.
- Workers are entitled to four paid sick days per year, up from three, effective the second year of the contract and five paid sick days per year effective the third year of the contract.
- Bereavement leave improves to include step-parent, step-brother and step-sister in the three-day entitlement.
- New language clarifies that scheduling will be done with respect to a worker’s seniority and employees that report for their scheduled work receive a minimum of four hours pay.
- Language improvements strengthen the grievance procedure and Union visitation provisions.
- Effective the second year of the contract, workers will receive an annual clothing allowance of $75.
Union Negotiating Committee: Donna Craig, Shelly Reeds and Union Rep Chris Fuller.