Coca-Cola collective agreement ratified
December 20, 2010 at 9:21pm
On December 17, 2010, the 80-member bargaining unit working at Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada in Barrie ratified a new collective agreement. Highlights include:
- In lieu of wage increases in the first year, the company will contribute an additional 20 cents per hour, retroactive for all hours worked since September 1, 2010, toward the Canadian Commercial Workers Industry Pension Plan (CCWIPP).
- Full-time active employees (as of date of ratification) receive a lump sum of $400 in year two and all full-time employees receive a general increase of 1.5 per cent in January 2013, 2 per cent in January 2014 and 2.5 per cent in January 2015.
- Two Leadhand positions will be posted for the warehouse within 60 days of ratification. These positions will receive a premium of 80 cents per hour above the General Help classification.
- In addition, the Warehouse rate is adjusted by a total of 25 cents per hour over the term of the contract with the first adjustment taking place in the third year.
- The company’s rate of contribution to CCWIPP increases to reach $1.55 per hour by the final year of the contract and the monthly paid pension benefit will be $56 per month per year worked.
- Family Day has been added to the list of paid holidays.
- The vacation year will be converted to match the calendar year.
- Improved contact language addresses grievance procedure and an agreement for the company to meet with the union regarding shift changes and shift overlap.
Union Negotiating Committee: Marc Brunelle, Chris Warnaar, Scott Woodland and Executive Assistant to the President Harry Sutton.